Wednesday, May 20, 2009

birds chripping!

As I sit here in my back yard and listen to the birds chrip! I'm reminded of the simple pleasures in life! The freedom we all have the friends we have made along this journey! This leads up to something that I just realized today! Today was the last day I got to work in the same place as my friend! She means the world to me I love her dearly! I know its not the last time ill get to see her but its the last time in forever I get the time to spend with her at walgreens a place that formed our friendship 5 or 6 yrs ago! It has put us both thru a lot of stress a lot of heartache and a lot of back breaking pain! She will be retiring on next thursday! I'm on vacation that wk and not gonna be there for the final goodbyes! But she understands and knows that I'm thinking of her! It amazing what a little friendship can do to a person! I call her momma cause she was just like my mom telling me I needed to do this and that! But time goes by so fast that we better enjoy every minute we can with who we can! Thanks to her I have learned a lot of things I might not of learned! She's one of a kind but never to be replaced in my heart or mind! The birds and the sound and smells of summer make me want to quit my job and do what I truly love to do! Sit in a boat in the middle of a lake somewhere! But I have a house to keep and a duty to my country to do! So, as I sit here and pounder lifes treasures I want to thank you all for taking the time out to read! Sometimes I feel like I just need to tell the world how I feel! This world we live in today isn't anything like the world that I grew up in! The hate crimes where low, the abuse to children wasn't as bad! No computer, no cell phone, none of the finer things in life we enjoy so well! Well, the sun is setting so I need to get off here and maybe enjoy some iced southern sweet tea! So to everyone reading this let's get out and smell and hear the sounds of summer fresh cut grass,birds chriping, wind blowing! Good night all and good day to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment