Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans day

What does it mean to you? To me its a day to honor the men and women who wrote a check made payable to the usa for the freedom we enjoy day in and day out! To me its like they paid for the air we breathe! So take this time to thank a solider for a job well done! So many of my family and friends have family that served! My dad and father in law stand out the most! Its not that the rest didn't sacrifice their lifes but these two men went above the call of duty! They fought in one of the most hated wars of all time! Still to this day they don't feel like they are accepricated by americans! Veitnam was the only war that our soliders came home and wasn't welcomed with parades, open arms, people proud to see them! They come home to people lined up to put them down, spitting on them, calling them names, turning their backs to them! No other war in American history was a US solider treated so rudely! It's sad that these two men joined at the age of 18 because if they didn't they would of been forced too! My dad lost his best friend, countless others while fighting for the air you breathe! Jody went two tours because he wanted to make sure every US solider came home! Your reading this because of young men and women who made it possible for you and I to be here today! So I hope u took the time to thank a solider! Thanks to all soliders! Welcome Home Dad and Jody! If I could I'd make it a world wide event to welcome home every Vietnam Veterans the proper way! Love you both!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment