Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Smoking turkey

Last night I put a whole turkey in a brine to rest all night! This am I stuffed it with a green apple, celery, fresh rosemary, onion and I brushed it with melted butter and thyme! I also prepared a beef roast wrapped in bacon with red pepper and brown sugar! My first time using the big smoker, I've smoked a few things on the grill but I'm in love with this thing! The roast had a nice smoke ring, the bacon was great! I let my friend Mary try it and she was blown away! Then I took my turkey off and it had the right amount of color, the right smoke flavor and the wing I tried was so juicy it was almost falling off the bone! While I was cooking Mary was dusting, mopping, and sweeping my house to make it smell better! 

She had her son with her and he played the wii then played in the hammock! We got a chance to talk and catch up on life! She's been the light I needed in my life! She came into my life at a dark time and she may never know It but she saved me! I was depressed, sad, lonely, lost and needed help! She helped me, she kept me sane! I can't thank her enough for the things she's done for me! I gave her something today that well it was mine at one time and I found it and gave it to her! I hope she wears it and remembers the day she came in my life! 

Photos above are the start to finish of my meat And a few of me and Mary being crazy and her son 

No comments:

Post a Comment