Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy birthday mamaw

On this glorious day in 1924 my grandmother was born! In April of 2001 she left this earth and gained her heavenly body! That day will live with me for the rest of my life! I miss her dearly, she's missed so much in my life that I know she would of loved to share with me! The memories I have are all that's left, cause it seems that everyone lost all her pictures and other worldly things! Never does a day go by that at some point in my day she doesn't make her presence known! Just today I was watching tv and as I was flipping thru the channels young and the restless was on and my remote quit working at that moment! I knew it was her cause that show was her favorite! She always made sure she was done doing what ever she had to do at 11 am every day! I said mamaw you know I don't care about this show and for 5 mins I couldn't get my remote to work! So I sat there and I watched the whole thing! It's amazing how the little things being up the fondest memories! Over Christmas as I was eating moms dressing I looked over by the stove where mom was standing and as I looked I saw my mamaw standing there! I did a double take and I just smiled and nodded and looked back at my plate cause I knew my mamaw was telling me she was there! The things we did, the laughs we had, the moments I take for granted now are moments id gladly do all over again! From getting up at 6 am to pick blackberries in the middle of the summer, or trying to walk to town and her shitting her pants, to the cows chasing us back to her house! Those things make me smile and I know she's reading this cause I just felt a slap on the back and I heard her say you better not say I shit my pants! Lol this woman was the only person that understood me! She and I was like two peas in a pod! Thanks mamaw for the memories that I cherish and oh how I wish I could be enjoying a big slice of Carmel cake with you right now! I can smell it baking! Yummy!! I love you mamaw and remember one day we will meet again! Happy Birthday beautiful!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment