Saturday, March 30, 2013

Skeet Shooting

I'd been telling Corey I wanted to try skeet shooting at the shooting club we joined! I'd watched him several times and I thought I wanna try! Well, I'd been hounding Corey to go shooting for almost two weeks now! He said ok, maybe tomorrow well I just got tired of asking so yesterday I told him on our way to eat lunch that I wanted to go today before it rained again! He said ok if we have time we got things to do! Well, he had to go to work for a few hours this morning and he came home and cooked breakfast we are, balanced check book and paid bills! Then had to get my oil changed cause he had put synthetic oil in it by accident and we needed it changed back to the kind we use! So we did that went to hunters haven got my fishing license and bought some bullets for my pistol! I said we going to shoot today he said thinking about it lets go home and see what weather is gonna do and so we did! It looked like we would have some time before the rain came! So we went got my truck parked it at Kroger at mall and went shooting! We get to the club and there's a guy in there that needs someone to pull for him so he can practice sporting clay shooting for competiton!! So Corey and him get out there and they shoot thru a box of shells and then Corey pulls for him to shoot another box! Then I told Corey that I wanted to try skeets! I took out 13 bullets and put them in my pockets on my shorts! I was a nervous wreck by this time! I stood on the pad got gun ready, said pull the clay went out I pulled trigger nothing! I wasn't frustrated cause it was my first time I mean really! Only shot the gun 3 other times before this time! So, Corey stands be hind me helps me get my aim right and tells me to pull trigger! Still no hit! So I shot one more time still nothing! I walk across to the other side! Let me explain the pattern of skeets! You have high and low! Or double! Well, you start almost up against the high house and you alternate high/low high/low! Well, I walked across to the low house and I stood there and I said pull first shot nothing! Corey's said I think your not moving with the target! I said ok! Well, I was getting hot so I stood there for a min and I took my shooting glasses off and my hat! Low and behold I hit it! I almost started jumping up and down! If other ppl hasn't been there I would of probably started hooping and hollering! But I didn't! So next one I miss but because I was too amped up from the first one! I had 3 bullets left! I said I'm gonna do it! Well, Corey pulled and I shot and hit I was smiling hard now! Next one I grazed the edge of the clay! That's not technically a hit! Last bullet, pull and shattered it into a million pieces! I was so happy it was like a kid in a candy store!! Then I was tired and Corey was gonna finish out the rest of the bullets! So he was down to the last one! I said one more try from the high house! He said ok! Well it was no hit I gotta practice high house more! But all in all a good start to a shooting day! We load up and head down to the pistol/rifle range! I've been practicing with a .22 and I was getting pretty good with it! I loaded it up and Corey gets target set and I start popping bullets! 9 of 18 was in a complete line! 2 was dead bulls eye, other 7 let's just say I was wild like a nervous fool! Then Corey shot it and hit the target a all 18 times kind of all over! Well he'd wanted me to shot a 270 to try to get used to it for deer hunting! Well he played with scope and got it dialed in almost perfect I said I wanna try one time! He told me how to breathe and time my pulling of trigger with my exhale breath! So I did and I hit just to the left of the bulls eye but with in the bulls eye circle! I was so darn happy it was crazy! Well Corey moves it to 50 yards and takes one shot well he some how puts the bullet dead center of the metal rod that was holding the target together! Blows a chunk out of it! I mean the target flew around like someone had just broke it! The box behind it looked like someone had set it on fire! I laughed as he walked back to the shooting table and he was mad but I thought it was funny! He calls his brother and I took at picture of it and ill post it for y'all to see! But I've had a fun day! I'm really enjoying learning to shoot guns and trying to better myself so I can go hunting I've always wanted to go just never been! But, maybe now I can go! Anyways, life on the home front has been pretty good I mean we have a little spat but everyone does! Things aren't going as well with his job right now cause they having so many shut down days cause they've got too many tires! But I figure as some gets closer they will be back in full swing before long! But, I made the first payment on his new truck on the 20th and it felt weird making a truck payment again! But he's been so happy for that truck! Every time I see one for sale I'll say there's me a gray one, or red one or something like that and he'll say uh yea ok! But he deserves it and I'm proud I'm able to provide for it! He's done so much for me that he deserves it! Well blog I started this blog at 1145 and it's 1215 now guess ill try to sleep again! Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment