Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day 2013

Today is 11/11/2013 Veterans Day a day sit aside for everyone to say thank you to all the men and women that wrote the blank check to the United States and joined the Military and to be paid for by the blood, sweat, and tears that they shed in order to continue our freedom! But why do we take one day to thank them why not every day we thank them! Why not every hour we thank them! Why not every time we pray we pray for them? Sometimes we go thru our daily lives not thinking about what lies ahead of us! Today, I'd like to take a moment and honor a few people! First my grandfather James "Book" Langham that I never got to meet served in the Army, my great uncle Paul Ray Nelson who served in the Army, then my step grandfather Dick Redwood that served in the Navy, then is my father in law Jody Holland who lost his battle to cancer on May 1, 2011 and got the best welcome home he could ever receive when he walked thru the gates of heaven he served two tours of duty in Vietnam and never received the proper welcome home, then my friends son that took his life a few months ago because he couldn't deal with the images he saw while deployed to Afghanistan just a young kid not even 23 yet! May all these fine men Rest in Heavenly Peace!! After all my father has done to me over the years I still must honor him for his service during the Vietnam war! Then I'd like to honor my other brother from another mother John Wilson he's served his last duty because he's gotten out of the service, then my brother in law who's currently a Lt. Col for the national guard here in tupelo! He has 4 kids and is a great father, son, brother and brother in law! Last but not least is my other father and mother Mark and Margie Hudson who basically raised me most of my childhood! They bother served in the Navy and thank you all! So many many more! Thank you all your service! 

No comments:

Post a Comment