Thursday, January 22, 2009

Father's Day Letter.

This is the letter I wrote to my dad. It made me cry the whole time I was writing this. I hope the ones reading this will realize how much my dad who wasn't there for me much really means to me. He wasn't there but I never lost the sight of him loving me. Enjoy
Happy Father's Day Dad. I know that over these years I haven't been one to show you how much I love you and neither have you really. But thru it all I knew you did. You knew I did. I hate that I didn't wait until today to give your stuff to you but. I've been having some long days at work and yesterday I was feeling pretty good. So that is why I came over last night. I'm very very proud of you and what you did all those years ago. It makes me so proud to see you wearing that hat.. I know you have been looking for one and I couldn't pass it up. The shirt just fell right in to my hands too. Well, you will never know how proud I am because there isn't enough words in the dictionary or this world to express my proudiness of you. Dad your more than a father your a man of honor and diginity. Your rank high in my book of heroism. I have always thru my life growing up talked about how much of a hero you was too me. Dad today is a day to honor you. I have never really thought about writing you a letter but I just couldn't express it face to face with you because I'm crying now. I feel better sitting behind this computer writing this and letting you read it later. Dad is written in the dictionary as this: "A man who help give birth to a child whether it be a daughter or son. A man that was the ruler of the house." Now, I'm not sure that is actually the way it was written but that is the way I read it. Now Dad Christy version of that.Dad: A man that is there to shelter you from the storm, to hold you when your hurt, to love you when your down, to listen to your problems and tell you he doesn't know what to do. A man that has been a great teacher in this world we live in. A man that proudly served our country long before I was thought of. A man that in my eyes really never did any wrong although in many other's eyes he did. A man that would get up and push his self to go the extra mile. A man that I looked up too and always wanted to join the army because of him. A man that i have had my ups and downs with but never lost sight of how much he loved me. A man that never gave up on nuthing until it was finished. A man that I call my dad with pride. I wouldn't let anyone tell me any different than what I have just sat here and wrote. I know your thinking damn christy what is all this for. Well, dad they always said you was to honor you father on fathers day so today i'm honoring you with all my feelings about you that you might not ever known. Dad, I have a few more mins to say a few more things. I'm so much like you sometimes It makes me laugh when I think about it. I'm stubborn as an old mule, honorary as an old wet hen, and bashful as I don't know what. There are times I see you in me in so many ways. Don't get me wrong I am your daughter and I guess that i have the right to have a little of you in my huh. well, Dad its that time for me to get my butt up and get in the truck and go to work. I hope that this will make you proud and remember I'm proud of you. I have also ordered something for me that I wasn't going to tell you about until it came in but here you go. I have a shirt ordered that says "I'm a proud daughter of a VIETNAM Veteran". I will wear that shirt with pride and nuthing but pride. I want someone to say something to me. I will whip there ass and make them eat the words they might think about saying. Well, dad the time is here. I LOVE YOU! More than words can ever express. As, I close, Thanks for molding me and making me to this person I am today. With out your help I wouldn't be a fighter in a good way. I wouldn't be pushing my self to get up everymorning even though I hurt so bad that i want to lay there and die. I wouldn't be where I am today without your help dad. THANKS and may this day be as great as you are. I hope you have a great day.. Make the best of it. An proudly wear that hat and shirt with the upmost pride you can possible have. You deserve every minute of pride you have. You also deserve every ounce of that a boy's anyone could ever give you. So heres to you. That a boy.. Way to go Dad you did a great job. I love you.. Talk to you soon, Your Proud Daughter....

No comments:

Post a Comment