Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Mamaw Faye

Tonight, some of the Palmertree family got together and had a little supper for my grandmother's birthday at Malone's Fish and Steak house. I had a good time but the temptation of fish was getting next to me. But i did great and only ate my steak and part of my tater. I felt like a new woman sitting there. I thought that I fought my cravings really well. It was kind of hard but I did it. I really enjoyed the time with family cause we don't ever get to see each other more than once a year. Mostly around christmas when I'm working and can't get off to attend. Sometimes I do it on purpose only because I don't have a strong relationship with that side of the family like I do my mother's side of the family. The Palmertree side are kind of reserved family, that we all do our own thing. Not really sure anytime growing up that we had a big gathering. It was great to spend that time with her. She turned 83 and I feel like I don't even really know her that well. Like my other grandmother I feel like it was a piece of my heart was taken away. I'm not sure how I would feel if mamaw faye passed away. I'm pretty sure I would be a little devasted but can't tell you that I would feel like I miss her that much. Only because we don't have a great relationship.. You know sometimes we have to cherish those moments where we do have a few seconds with them. That is what I kind of did tonight. I cherished the moment that we spend or the time that we had. It was great. I was very proud I could be a part of it. Wishing that my brother and sister in law would of came but it was kool we all have our own lives now and we all do our seperate things. Over the years she has favored more towards a certain set of grandkids. It wasn't Scott and I. But, that is ok cause they lived closer to her than we did although we where just about 20 mins away. Its kool cause life goes on.. Every grandmother has their pick. Maybe its the first born grandchild or what have you. Not sure what the reason is. But i see it all the time in retail with some of my customers who now have a new grandbaby. Once the new has wore off you can tell they favor the first born one a lot more than the new one. But that is life i guess. Cause really in truly although I love my babies to death. I still favor more toward Boomer than Bella. I wouldn't give anything in the world for them. I even cried like a baby when Boomer had to have his eye removed. It really hurt me. Well, That is part of life.. Thanks for reading my blog about nuthing. Just a little rambling.. I love to ramble.. LOL..

No comments:

Post a Comment