Friday, January 23, 2009

Remembering my Grandmother


Today was a day that for some reason I thought about my grandmother more and more. I have been a little down in the dumps these last few days. Not sure why but, I blame it on the diet that I'm on and stuff but not really sure if that is what is or not. But, I layed down for a few mins less than 5 mins this afternoon when I got home. Corey got me cause some girl was selling something for the band at the high school and I got up to see what it was. After that I opened up the fridge and saw the boston butt that i had bought the other day to make sausage. We make our own sausage cause it cost less and its a little better for you. We was making it, got it ready to be rolled out so we could cut it into little round circles. We were sitting there cutting them out and something just struck me. I kind of blinked out a little and I could see a vision of my grandmother cutting out biscuits. It just made me smile. I just sit there just watching as i cut them sausages out and thought about her telling me how to do it. i loved to help her make biscuits cause I knew they where going to be great. When we was done i just sat there for a few seconds thinking about her and missing her so much. She was the sweetest lady i know. I miss her more and more every day. I wish she would of been here to see where i am in life right now. But the good Lord above thought it was her time to go back in 2001. She is missed dearly around the holiday season. I miss her for what she always made me. Lemon Mergrine Pies, mmmmm good but sooooo much fat.. I could eat the whole darn pie and not think twice about it. But, that was before I set my mind to eating right. Well, I thought i would just share this little experience with you. She was great. Miss you Mamaw and Rest in peace I'm enclosing a picture of her for everyone to see. Love you dearly...

1 comment:

  1. I have done that a many of time ....i know excatly what your talking about... i know you miss her cause i miss my grandmother really bad...you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete