Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Grandmother RIP

But back in April, 2001 she was called home by our father. That was the hardest day of my life and probably will still be the hardest day. You know you see people that are lying there about to die and you just keep telling your self that she will be better off once she is home for good. I never once told my self that she wasn't a great person and she didn't deserve the best that was in stake for her to come once she got home.
Sometimes I just sit and think of the things that we did. I can remember many times that she would get me up at 6 am and go pick blackberries and be home by 11 so she could watch her soaps. On January 9, 2005 she would of been 81. The life she lived is one that I cherish day in and day out. She lead a life of a true southern woman. She didn't see the person by the color of the skin but the person that was under that skin. I have had times in my life that I wish she would of been here to see but you know I know she is watching over me and just saying that damn christy want never change..
Well, Pauline your right I want. She is one hundered percent right.
God I love her and miss her more now than ever. I got married back in December 2002. Just a little over a year after she passed on. It was a day that I always told her she would live to see. But God had other plans for her. They where good plans though she never has to suffer anymore nor does she have to live in this hell of a world we live in. Not that this world is all bad but just that there is more bad than good. You all will agree.
Well, Pauline Nelson Langham you will always be in the heart of many as the woman who made the best carmel cakes this side of the border. For all of you that know me really well, will know that she was the love of my life for many years.. Now that she is gone she will be remember and I will still love her til the day I die. I have found a great man that is here to fill the space that she left opened. He isn't going to fill the whole space but just the part I need him too. There isn't anyone that can ever fill a space of someone that has gone on to be with the lord. No matter how hard you try there isn't a time nor a person that is going to take up that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment