Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Isnt a free day to be off work, a day to BBQ with friends and family! It's a day to honor the ones whose served for freedom! The ones past, present and future!! It's hard to write this blog and I'm a little choked up, over a year ago the lord called home a man that never got the proper welcoming home that he deserved!! RIP Spc. Jody Holland!! Today I honor my dad yes my dad isn't the perfect man but one things for sure he served in one of the bloodiest wars, and came out alive!! He was spit on, called baby killers and among other things, he was treated like a dog on the street! Never once given the proper welcome home he deserves! I feel like the president needs to declare April 30 of every year Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans, giving them the welcome home they deserve!! Sometimes it hurts to know that no one even cares that they fought for the freedom you and I share daily, the freedom to be outspoken, the freedom to be free and live like we want!! It's not everyday that goes by that i know he doesn't think about that day, those years, those times! When he passes he will get burial with full military honor!! As I shed tears right now I'll shed tears that day too!! Wake up America these men, women fought for you!! Lets stand together and welcome them home!! Peace happy memorial day 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment