Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Year ago....

One year ago I was sitting in room 246 at the VA hospital in Memphis, TN watching a man that God gave me 8 great years with.. A man that got the best birthday present anyone could ever ask for, and that was to meet our creator. He fought a good fight, and wasn't until he knew we was all in the room with him did he take his final breathe. It was a day that Ill never forget and a day that will be forever etched in my memory, I miss his smile and the way he always said there was something wrong with me cause I didn't eat Turnip greens and Cabbage. It just doesn't seem like a year ago we laid this man down to his final resting place. The cancer doesn't discriminate it doesn't care who you are or what youve been thru. He served 2 tours of duty in Vietnam, not only did he lose many of his friends but he went back again to find all his fallen brothers.. He got the burial that any man should long for and finally got the welcome home that many of them didn't get when they came off that plane.. He got the welcome home that all vietnam vets should of recieved but didn't and he got to meet the creator. He is watching over us all now but the wanting to see his face again doesn't  make it hurt less nor does the fact that hes not here with us today make it hurt less. I went with Corey, Derek and Ms. Betty this afternoon to the cemetery and it just doesn't seem like its been a year. Tuesday is a day that Ill probably cry because its the day that not on is his birthday but his death day.. May 1, 1947 he was born and he lived a pretty good life. He raised 4 kids and they all seem to have a pretty good head on there shoulders.. May 1, 2o11 was his finally day here on in this earth. 11:48pm he took his final breath with his family standing around him and Brody or Derek one holding his hand. That day we will never forget and never will another day take the place of that day unless its my mom or my dad. But when that day comes that My dad does die he will get he burial that he deserves too. He will get a full military burial with full military honors. Trust me its a long burial but its worth every minute of it. I miss Jody today and I cried today because if i could see his smiling face one more time.. Even in the final hours he smiled for us one last time. That smile is something that will forever be etched in my memory. Well, blog thru my tear filled eyes its hard to see to type this so i guess i need to get off here and go to bed. Good night blog and PEace.. Miss you Jody and see you soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment