Thursday, October 3, 2013

Long time no see!

Yea I haven't blogged in a while but I guess I ain't really had much to say! But this blog is gonna be about something that's been on my mind for a while! Yes I have a mental illness, I have a physical illness, and I have an internal illness! A few months back I got invited to join a "support group" called curing cancer with a smile, no I don't have cancer but not everyone there did! Most did and some was care givers or supporters or so on and so on!! I noticed that thru out the time there that everyone's focus was on cancer and they never really allowed others to show then or help them to put cancer on the back burner for a day! I mean really if your there for support you don't really wanna here about cancer every hour of every day! Well I don't I don't wanna hear about my illnesses every hour or second! Then I realized that really it wasn't much of a support group! Then it was brought to my attention that some drama had happened with a friend of mine in there and I knew then that it wasn't a place for me! So I left, now mine you most thing like that that I take part in don't dwell on that fact! Offering support comes in many forms! The first form is by being a good listener and secondly by just virtually hugging the person and saying its gonna be ok! Now I know you think that's stupid but really when I'm down and out about my illness and other things in my life a virtual hug makes my day! Also having someone that listens fully and doesn't down play my problems with there's it makes me feel better too! More often than not we as humans don't fully listen when ppl tell us their problems and 99% of the time we down play them with trying to explain ours! When we really should just shut up and listen! It really makes me mad when I'm talking to someone or texting someone and the reply with well this is how my day has been! Really damn can I not have a few mins of your time! I try my best to be the best listener I can! I try I might not be but I try! Often times in life we run across that one person that hangs on to every word we say! But more often than that we don't even come across that person! So next time someone is telling you about something please take the time to listen cause you never know what might cause the person talking to snap and do something stupid! 

Another thing that makes me a little angry is when you text me, and I respond but you respond and so on the all of a sudden it's like that person is gone! I get we all get busy, we all have our life's but damn it if I take the time to respond to every text you send me then by damn at least say hey I'm busy or I'll be back or something! I have several friends like this and they wonder why I don't text that often any more! Well hell when I respond I expect you to respond! One friend just today we was texting back and forth and boom it's like 6 hrs pass and then it's same cycle again! I'm tempted to change my number and not give anyone my number just so I don't have to worry about well is so and so gonna talk/text today or not! Just how I feel! Maybe it's just me! 99% of the time if I don't respond right that second I get it I'm either sleeping, cooking or my phone is on charger in a different room than I'm in! But 99% of the time I respond right the second I get the text! 

Done for my rant peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment